Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Eastside Cafe


If there is one thing Austin does right, it's converting old homes in to the most delicious of restaurants! Last night, I had the pleasure of checking out Eastside Cafe for the first time. Located on the east side of I-35 where Dean Keeton and Manor Road intersect, this cozy little cafe is the perfect spot for a low key and delicious meal! Their menu ranges from soups and salads to enchiladas and tenderloin, options for any and every appetite. I enjoyed a delicious Greek Chicken Salad with their homemade feta vinaigrette on the side. I'm somewhat of a Mediterranean food fanatic and ALWAYS have to try a new spot's version of their Greek Salad when opportunity knocks. I know not everyone is crazy about salads which is why I must also describe the meal my friend ordered. Get ready...Pork Tenderloin, garlic mashed potatoes and roasted butternut squash with a soy ginger sauce drizzled over the top! The squash was by far the best part of his meal, as surprising as that may be to some of you! Unfortunately, because I was so caught up with the delectability of my dinner, I forgot to take a photo. Whoops! But take my word for it, this is not a place you want to miss out on! Oh and I forgot to mention, they have homemade jalapeno cornbread as a starter! Yummmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment